Pushcart Vendor License
Required of those who offer merchandise for sale from a wagon, handcart, pushcart or stand. A license is required for any period from one day to one year.
- Food Establishment, Retail Non-Permanent Location (if food will be sold)
- Health Department Approval (if food will be sold)
- Commercial Activity License
- City of Philadelphia Tax Account Number
- Federal Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number
- Weighing and Measuring License (if applicable)
Additional Information: The following is required along with application:
- A physical description of the applicant, proof of identity and address, together with two (2) photographs, not less than two (2) inches square, nor more than three (3) inches square.
- A brief description of what is to be sold and whether produced, grown, made, manufactured or assembled by the applicant.
- If employed by another the name and address of person, firm organization, etc.
- If motor vehicle is to be used, a description (year & make) of it together with motor vehicle registration number and license number. If leased, a copy of leasing agreement.
- Health approval of your conveyance Issued by one of the Health Districts required where applicant/vendor or his employee or attendant proposes to sell any food or drink. Frozen dessert machine requires two (2) certificates, one for freezer machine and one for conveyance.
Cost: $300 per license - one for each location.
Starting January 5th, 2015, this license can be renewed online. License holders will need an email address. For in person assistance using the new eClipse system, renewals can also be made in the Municipal Services Building - Concourse Level (1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard). In person renewals will also require an email address.
LEARN MORE about the Department of Licenses and Inspections initiative to move license renewals online in 2015.
Application The paper form is provided for new license applicants. License holders are encouraged to renew this license online.
A Guide to Special Events with Food Vendors
RETURNED CHECKS: Licenses and Inspections uses eCollect, LLC to collect returned checks. If your check is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds, (1) you authorize eCollect, LLC to make a one-time electronic funds transfer from your account to collect a fee of $20; and (2) eCollect, LLC may re-present your check electronically to your depository institution for payment. For inquiries about charges to your account please call (888) 569-9001 or email email@example.com
Department of Licenses and Inspections - License Issuance Unit - PSC
1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am- 3:30pm (except for the last Wednesday of each month when the hours are 8:00am- 12:00 Noon)
Phone: 311 or 215-686-8686 (outside of the City of Philadelphia)