Commerce SafeCam Program
The Commerce SafeCam Program reimburses commercial property owners and business owners for the installation of surveillance cameras, to make their location safer for shoppers and the community. The program provides a 50% reimbursement (of up to $3,000) for the total cost of eligible safety camera installations for a single commercial property. The ultimate goal of this program is to improve the safety, vitality and economic performance of neighborhood business districts throughout Philadelphia. See the Commerce SafeCam Guidelines (below) for complete program details.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is the owner of a commercially occupied property, an operating tenant business with approval of the property owner or an established business association or community based organization representing a number of businesses in a particular area;
- Must be operating legally, properly registered, licensed with the City of Philadelphia and current with all city taxes, including but not limited to revenue, licenses, water revenue billings, etc.
- Must appy to install a camera that meets the criteria established in the SafeCam program application (see application for more details)
The application will require:
Complete Commerce SafeCam Program Guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
- Photos of your building clearly showing where surveillance camera will be located, and at least one photo showing the entire front façade of your building.
- Estimates from two (2) licensed contractors detailing camera specifications.
- A letter from building owner (if this is not you) granting permission for the proposed work.
Completed applications should be mailed to SafeCam Program, c/o Department of Commerce.
Department of Commerce
1515 Arch Street, 12th floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102