Welcome to the new Business Services website!

Automotive, Parking and Long Term Storage

Garages / Parking

Download PDF
Obtain a Business Income and Receipts Tax ID

Every individual, partnership, association and corporation doing business in Philadelphia must file a Business Income and Receipts Tax Return in whether or not they earned a profit during the preceding year. Rental activities are usually considered business activities.

Obtain an Commercial Activity License

An Activity License is required for all businesses and non-profits operating in Philadelphia. This includes businesses that are located outside the city limits but do some or all of their business activity in the City.

Air Permits for Parking Garages and Lots

Any enclosed or below ground parking garage must have a mechanical ventilation system to prevent build up of dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. A pre-construction permit must be approved by AMS prior to installing a mechanical ventilation system to assure compliance with AMS requirements.

Air Permits

The Department of Public Health Air Management Services (AMS) monitors the air quality and enforces city, state, and federal air quality standards in the City of Philadelphia.