Welcome to the new Business Services website!

Vendor on Foot

Examples include vendors selling bottled water or other items on foot, rather than setting up on the sidewalk.


Download PDF
Obtain a Business Income and Receipts Tax ID

Every individual, partnership, association and corporation doing business in Philadelphia must file a Business Income and Receipts Tax Return in whether or not they earned a profit during the preceding year. Rental activities are usually considered business activities.

Obtain an Commercial Activity License

An Activity License is required for all businesses and non-profits operating in Philadelphia. This includes businesses that are located outside the city limits but do some or all of their business activity in the City.

Vendor Licenses

A license is required of any vendor selling from a sidewalk stand, a pushcart, a motor vehicle or by foot. In addition to the license, the City of Philadelphia Code limits or prohibits vendors from selling in certain areas.

Documents You May Need

Download PDF

A Guide to Special Events with Food Vendors

Special Events are organized gatherings usually taking place out of doors. These activities include but are not limited to farmer’s markets, festivals, block parties, and street fairs. Both event organizers and event vendors must obtain permits and/or licenses to be in compliance with city regulations.

Temporary Vendor on Foot License

This license is required for the taking of orders, and as a separate transaction, making deliveries to purchasers. A license is required for any period from one day to one year.

Plan Review for a Mobile Food Business

Mobile food vending units include trucks, trailer hitch units, pushcarts, stands and foot peddlers must complete the required plan review application for a mobile food business.