Welcome to the new Business Services website!

Home Inspector

Home Inspectors are usually hired by prospective home buyers to determine the condition of a residential property.


Download PDF
Obtain a Business Income and Receipts Tax ID

Every individual, partnership, association and corporation doing business in Philadelphia must file a Business Income and Receipts Tax Return in whether or not they earned a profit during the preceding year. Rental activities are usually considered business activities.

Obtain an Commercial Activity License

An Activity License is required for all businesses and non-profits operating in Philadelphia. This includes businesses that are located outside the city limits but do some or all of their business activity in the City.

Home Inspector License

This license is required to engage in the business of residential or home inspections. Professional Architects and Engineers licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and government agency employees acting on behalf of that agency are not required to possess this license.

Documents You May Need

Download PDF

Contractor and Permit Requirements

The following information must be submitted with all permit applications. Permit applications will not be accepted without these documents.