Welcome to the new Business Services website!


Contractor, Curb Setter, Electrical Contractor, Electrical Inspector, Engineer (Steam Boiler, Stationary and Refrigeration Engineers, Warm Air Installer), Expediter, Fire Alarm Inspector, Fire Suppression Systems Contractor, Plumber License (“Plumber”), Independent Contractor.

Plumber License ("Plumber")

Download PDF
Obtain a Business Income and Receipts Tax ID

Every individual, partnership, association and corporation doing business in Philadelphia must file a Business Income and Receipts Tax Return in whether or not they earned a profit during the preceding year. Rental activities are usually considered business activities.

Obtain a Commercial Activity License

An Activity License is required for all businesses and non-profits operating in Philadelphia. This includes businesses that are located outside the city limits but do some or all of their business activity in the City.

Plumber (Master) License

A Plumbing License is required for anyone wishing to be a Master Plumber, Journeyman Plumber, or Apprentice Plumber, in the City of Philadelphia.

Contractor and Permit Requirements

The following information must be submitted with all permit applications. Permit applications will not be accepted without these documents.

Special Inspections Program

For Engineering Services, Construction Services, Emergency Services, this procedure establishes the minimum requirements necessary to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare through structural strength, stability, and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards.