Welcome to the new Business Services website!

Waste and Recycling

Waste Haulers, Recyling Haulers and Companies

Waste Haulers, Recyling Haulers and Recycling Companies

Download PDF
Obtain a Business Income and Receipts Tax ID

Every individual, partnership, association and corporation doing business in Philadelphia must file a Business Income and Receipts Tax Return in whether or not they earned a profit during the preceding year. Rental activities are usually considered business activities.

Obtain a Commercial Activity License

An Activity License is required for all businesses and non-profits operating in Philadelphia. This includes businesses that are located outside the city limits but do some or all of their business activity in the City.

Hazardous Materials License

This license is required for the storage, dispensing, use, or handling of hazardous material.

Waste and Recycling Haulers Information

This license is no longer required by the City of Philadelphia, but other regulations may apply.