The following information must be submitted with all permit applications. Permit applications will not be accepted without these documents.
- Tax Clearance Form from the Revenue Department for the Contractor – These forms may be obtained on line at www.phila.gov/Revenue. Please select “Tax Clearance” on the left side of the web page and select “Permits/Licenses” from the drop-down box and enter your name and SSN or EIN. Once printed, the form is valid for thirty (30) days.
- A current, valid Certificate of Insurance for the Contractor – The Certificate of Insurance must indicate current coverage for comprehensive general liability, workers compensation and automobile liability. The comprehensive general liability (including products and completed operations) must evidence a minimum limit of liability of $500,000 per occurrence. The certificate must also include a contact name and phone number of the contractor’s insurance broker or agent.
Additionally, all licensed Contractors, Registered Master Plumbers, Electrical Contractors, Warm Air Installers and Fire Suppression System Contractors licensed pursuant to Title 9 of the Philadelphia Code are required to meet the following conditions:
Contractors shall display their license number on the following:
- Contractor’s stationery;
- Proposals and Contracts;
- Job sites;
- Contractor’s main place of business; and
- Business vehicles displaying the Contractor’s business name
- License numbers displayed on vehicles must be at least 2 inches in height and clearly visible.
- No Contractor shall sell, transfer, or permit another person to use the license assigned to the Contractor to secure permits or perform activity.
- No Contractor shall sell, transfer, or otherwise allow another person or business entity to use a permit issued to the Contractor to perform construction work.
- The primary Contractor on each permitted job site, except for work on residential buildings of two dwelling units or less, shall post the following information at each jobsite:
- The address of the construction site; The Prime Contractor’s business name, business address, and contractor license number; A list of all subcontractors used on the project with their respective license numbers;
- Documentation that the contractor has all required licenses;
- The name of the Property Owner;
- A copy of all permits for the project (required on all job sites);
- A copy of the contractor’s insurance certificate (required on all job sites).
Please read Title 9-1004 of the Philadelphia Code to familiarize yourself with all requirements of this Section as the recent legislation imposes the requirements of this Section on all licenses related to construction. Failure to meet the requirements of the Code may result in suspension or revocation of your license to conduct business in Philadelphia.