The Electrical Inspection Agency license is required of any company providing third party electrical code enforcement services. This license must be renewed annually.
REVIEW TITLE 9-1304 FOR FULL LICENSE DETAIL.
How to Apply
Apply online now via eCLIPSE or visit the Public Services Concourse of the Municipal Services Building.
Note: This application cannot be submitted until a license has been issued for the associated electrical inspector(s).
- Business Income and Receipts Tax ID
- Commercial Activity License
- General Liability
- $1,000,000 per occurrence
- Workman’s Compensation
- $100,000 each accident
- $100,000 each employee
- $500,000 policy limit
- General Liability
Note: All insurance must be submitted on a Certificate of Liability.
- Identification of Persons Associated with the Company
- The names and addresses of all persons who have either a financial, operational, legal or beneficial interest in the agency business.
- At least one of the named persons shall possess an Electrical Inspector’s license, issued by the Department for a period of no less than one year.
- Proof of completion of at least 12 hours per year by the agency principals in continuing education course work must be provided.
- Full resume of principals, demonstrating depth and breadth of experience, must be provided.
- The names, Electrical Inspector license numbers, and experience of all inspectors.
- Continuing Education Credits
- Proof of completion at least twelve (12) hours of coursework in the current or later edition of NFPA 70 by agency principals.
- The provider must be approved by the PA Department of Labor and Industry.
- Courses must be completed within the twelve (12) month period preceding application.
- Quality Control Program
- Quality Control Plan must describe, at a minimum, organizational structure, initial and on-going training programs, and quality assurance program.
- Rate Schedule
- A complete rate schedule must be provided.
- Must be current on the payment of all City of Philadelphia taxes.
- Proof of at least twelve (12) hours of coursework in NFPA 70 by agency principals and earned during the previous license period.
- Initial Application
- There is a non-refundable application filing fee of $200.00, which is not included in the License fee. The total license fee of $2,000.00 is due upon application approval.
- License Renewal Application