This license is required to perform work involving installation, alteration, repair, testing, servicing, maintenance, inspection and/or certification of fire suppression systems. A Fire Suppression Systems Apprentice may perform work under a Registered Apprenticeship Program.
Persons employed as a Fire Suppression System Worker must work for a licensed contractor. This license does not authorize the operation of a business.
This license must be renewed every three years.
REVIEW TITLE 9-2500 FOR FULL LICENSE DETAIL.
How to Apply
Apply online now via eCLIPSE or visit the Public Services Concourse of the Municipal Services Building
- Proof of Exam
- Successful completion of the examination for Fire Suppression Installer/ Worker as administered by the International Code Council within one year prior to this application.
- Proof of completion Registered Fire Suppression System Apprenticeship Program.
Note: The Department may issue a license by reciprocity to an individual who holds a similar authorization granted by any other state or local jurisdiction which establishes qualification requirements equal to, or greater than, those established under the Philadelphia Code.
- Photo ID
- 2”x2” photo ID (passport quality)
- Initial Application
- There is a non-refundable application filing fee of $20.00, which is applied towards the cost of the License ($150.00). The balance of the license fee is due upon application approval.
- License Renewal Application
- The renewal fee is $150.00