Operation Permits are issued for the regulation of the use and transport of certain hazardous materials, equipment and activities. The Department of License and Inspections works in conjunction with other City Agencies in the issuance of Operation Permits.
Applications for fireworks displays are submitted to the Fire Code Unit of the Philadelphia Fire Department (240 Spring Garden St.; 215.686.1356). Upon approval, the Fire Department will issue a letter of approval and forward application materials to the Department of Licenses and Inspections for final processing.
Applicants must submit the following documentation to the Philadelphia Fire Department:
- Site Diagram
- Shot List
- Shooter’s resume of recent pyrotechnic demonstrations
- Proof of General Liability Insurance for Operator in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 (The City of Philadelphia must be named as additional insured without a written contract)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Certificate of Registration for Fireworks Displays or Exhibitions
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms User of Explosive License or a license from another state or municipality.
- Operator’s Philadelphia Commercial Activity License
Processing Time: Contact Philadelphia Fire Department
Permit Fee: $350