To obtain a Lawful Occupancy Sign, listing the maximum allowable occupancy of the building, gather the materials listed below and submit a completed permit application in-person at the Municipal Services Building (MSB) Concourse.
The Lawful Occupancy sign applies only to existing, permitted assembly.
See Building Permits for complete building permit information, including processing time and fees.
- Three sets of building plans
- Plans must be of professional quality and drawn to scale (e.g. 1/4″ = 1′ – 0″).
- The minimum sheet size is 18” x 24”.
- The following information must be included on the plan:
- All the rooms must be dimensioned and labeled as to their use. (e.g. bedroom, kitchen, office, etc.)
- Seating chart and occupant loads
- All locations and sizes of doors, windows, stairways, corridors, etc.
- Location and type of plumbing fixtures