A Plumbing Apprentice license allows an individual to perform plumbing work under the direction of a licensed Master Plumber. Plumbing work includes drainage, water piping, or the construction, alteration and repairing of any drainage, cesspools, trap, waste vent or water piping, and fixtures attached thereto, except gas or electric heaters.
This license must be renewed annually.
REVIEW TITLE 9-1003 FOR FULL LICENSE DETAIL.
How to Apply
Apply online now via eCLIPSE or visit the Public Services Concourse of the Municipal Services Building
- Must be employed by a licensed Master Plumber. Written certification from the employer is required.
- Photo ID
- 2”x2” photo ID (passport quality)
- Confirmation of continued employment by a licensed Master Plumber. A change in employment must be submitted to the Department.
- Initial Application
- There is a non-refundable application filing fee of $20.00, which is applied towards the cost of the License ($25.00). The balance of the license fee is due upon application approval.
- License Renewal Application
- The renewal fee is $25.00