A journey license allows an individual to perform plumbing work, including drainage, water piping, or the construction, alteration and repairing of any drainage, cesspools, trap, waste vent or water piping, and fixtures attached thereto, except gas or electric heaters.
Persons employed as a Journeyman Plumber License must work for a licensed Master Plumber. This license does not authorize the operation of a business.
This license must be renewed annually.
REVIEW TITLE 9-1003 FOR FULL LICENSE DETAIL.
How to Apply
Apply online now via eCLIPSE or visit the Public Services Concourse of the Municipal Services Building
- Proof of Exam
- Successful completion of the Philadelphia Journeyman Plumber Examination, administered by the International Code Council, within twelve (12) months prior to application date.
- Must be registered as an Apprentice Plumber for a minimum of four (4) years.
Note: The Department may issue a license by reciprocity to an individual who was employed outside of the City of Philadelphia and holds a similar authorization granted by any other state or local jurisdiction which establishes qualification requirements equal to, or greater than, those established under the Philadelphia Code
- Must submit tax records supporting employment as an Apprentice Plumber.
- Photo ID
- 2”x2” photo ID (passport quality)
- Initial Application
- There is a non-refundable application filing fee of $25.00, which is not included in the license fee. The total license fee of $100.00 is due upon application approval.
- License Renewal Application
- The renewal fee is $100.00