A Plumbing License is required for anyone wishing to be a Master Plumber, Journeyman Plumber, or Apprentice Plumber, in the City of Philadelphia
OSHA 10 and 30 Information: Click HERE for information on programs that satisfy L&I’s OSHA 10 and 30 training requirements, as well as a list of authorized training resources.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Successful completion of the examination for Plumber as administered by the International Code Council within one year of license application.
- Proof of Business License and proper insurance (workers compensation and general liability).
- Payment of an annual license fee of:
- $200 for Master Plumbers
- $100 for Journeyman Plumbers
- $25 for Apprentice Plumbers
NOTE: New requirements for Licensed Master Plumbers start January 1, 2014. View the new Contractor Requirements.
To Apply For A Plumbers License:
- Complete all appropriate portions of application form, including signature.
- Original copy of test results from the International Code Council.
- Copy of driver’s license or other government issued photo ID.
- Payment of a license application fee of $100.
Submit this application package to the License Issuance Unit of the Department of Licenses and Inspections in the Public Service Concourse of the Municipal Services Building at the north-east corner of 15th St. and JFK Boulevard.