A Sheet Metal Technician license is required to install, maintain, and service sheet metal systems used in HVAC systems.
Persons employed as a Sheet Metal Technician must work for a licensed contractor. This license does not authorize the operation of a business.
This license must be renewed every three (3) years.
REVIEW TITLE 9-3000 FOR FULL LICENSE DETAIL.
How to Apply
Apply online now via eCLIPSE or visit the Public Services Concourse of the Municipal Services Building
- Proof of Exam
- Successful completion of the Sheet Metal Technician examination, administered by the International Code Council, within twelve (12) months prior to application date.
- Successful completion of a Registered Sheet Metal Technician Apprenticeship Program.
Note: The Department may issue a license by reciprocity to an individual who holds a similar authorization granted by any other state or local jurisdiction which establishes qualification requirements equal to, or greater than, those established under the Philadelphia Code.
- Photo ID
- 2”x2” photo ID (passport quality)
- Initial Application
- There is a non-refundable application filing fee of $20.00, which is applied toward the cost of the license ($150). The balance of the license fee is due upon application approval.
- License Renewal Application
- The renewal fee is $150.00