This license is required for any organization that conducts small games of chance on a continuing basis. (If the applicant organization is only conducting small games of chance at three occasions in a year should apply for a Limited Occasion License.) These games include punchboards, pull-tabs, raffles, daily drawings and weekly drawings.
This license is governed by the State of Pennsylvania, but is issued by the City of Philadelphia’s Department of Licenses and Inspections. Only non-profit charitable organization may apply for this license.
- If the applying organization is incorporated, a copy of the applicant’s Articles of Incorporation must be submitted. If the applicant is not incorporated, a copy of Bylaws or other documents defining the organization’s structure and purpose must be submitted.
- Documentation indicating that the organization has been fulfilling its purpose for at least one year prior to the date of license application
- A copy of the Internal Revenue Services’ determination letter, 501-(c)3, which grants tax exempt status to your organization
- Copies of either the lease agreement or property deed to the premises where the games will be conducted
- Schedule Sheet (part of the application form)
- Small Games of Chance $100
- Limited Occasion License $10 (Holders of Limited Occasion Licenses are not eligible for a Special Permit License.)
- Special Permit License is $25 (If the prize to be awarded is greater than $500 the applicant must also apply for a Special Permit License.)