The Special Inspector license is required of persons engaged in special inspections as defined in Chapter 17 of the Philadelphia Building Code and performed on a City of Philadelphia Construction Permit for a licensed Special Inspection Agency.
The Special Inspector license is not required if inspections are performed by a licensed Accredited Special Inspection Agency.
Persons employed as a Special Inspector must work for a licensed Special Inspection Agency. This license does not authorize the operation of a business.
This license must be renewed every three years.
REVIEW TITLE 9-1306 FOR FULL LICENSE DETAIL.
How to Apply
Apply online now via eCLIPSE or visit the Public Services Concourse of the Municipal Services Building
- Must submit proof of qualification for each named category as outlined in the Special Inspections Standards.
- Photo ID
- 2”x2” photo ID (passport quality).
- Proof of current certification, where applicable.
- Initial Application
- There is a non-refundable application filing fee of $20.00, which is applied towards the cost of the License ($50 per category/ max $200). The balance of the license fee is due upon application approval.
- License Renewal Application
- $50 per category/ max $200