Welcome to the new Business Services website!

Temporary Pushcart Vendor License

Required of those who offer merchandise for sale from a wagon, handcart, pushcart or stand. A license is required for any period from one day to one year.

Prior Approvals:

  • Food Establishment, Retail Non-Permanent Location (if food will be sold)
  • Health Department Approval (if food will be sold)
  • Annual Commercial Activity License
  • City of Philadelphia Tax Account Number
  • Federal Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number
  • Weighing and Measuring License (if applicable)

Additional Information: The following is required along with application:

  • A physical description of the applicant, proof of identity and address, together with two (2) photographs, not less than two (2) inches square, nor more than three (3) inches square.
  • A brief description of what is to be sold and whether produced, grown, made, manufactured or assembled by the applicant.
  • If employed by another the name and address of person, firm organization, etc.
  • If motor vehicle is to be used, a description (year & make) of it together with motor vehicle registration number and license number. If leased, a copy of leasing agreement.
  • Health approval of your conveyance Issued by one of the Health Districts required where applicant/vendor or his employee or attendant proposes to sell any food or drink. Frozen dessert machine requires two (2) certificates, one for freezer machine and one for conveyance.

Cost: $330 per license – one for each location.


A Guide to Special Events with Food Vendors

Payment Information

RETURNED CHECKS: If your check is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds, (1) you authorize The City of Philadelphia or its agent to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account to collect a fee of $20; and (2) The City of Philadelphia or its agent may re-present your check electronically to your depository institution for payment.