This license is required for the taking of orders, and as a separate transaction, making deliveries to purchasers. A license is required for any period from one day to one year.
- Federal Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number
- City of Philadelphia Tax Account Number
- Commercial Activity License
- Vending License (The paper form is provided for new license applicants. License holders are encouraged to renew this license online.)
Additional Approvals, if food will be sold
- Health Department Approval
- Food Establishment, Retail Non-Permanent Location
- Weighing and Measuring License (if applicable)
Additional Information: The following is required along with application:
- A physical description of the applicant, proof of identity and address, together with two (2) photographs, not less than two (2) inches square, nor more than three (3) inches square.
- A brief description of what is to be sold and whether produced, grown, made, manufactured or assembled by the applicant.
- If employed by another the name and address of person, firm organization, etc.
- Health approval of your conveyance Issued by one of the Health Districts required where applicant/vendor or his employee or attendant proposes to sell any food or drink. Frozen dessert machine requires two (2) certificates, one for freezer machine and one for conveyance.
Cost: $330 per license for vendors on foot.
A Guide to Special Events with Food Vendors
Office of Food Protection
Department of Public Health
321 University Avenue, 2nd floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm
Office of Food Protection Website