To obtain a Cooking Extinguishing System Permit, gather the materials listed below and submit a completed permit application in-person at the Municipal Services Building (MSB) Concourse at 1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
See Building Permits for complete building permit information, including processing time and fees.
The following information must be submitted with all permit applications. Permit applications will not be accepted without these documents.
- Tax Clearance Form from the Revenue Department for the Contractor – These forms may be obtained on line at www.phila.gov/Revenue. Please select “Tax Clearance” on the left side of the web page and select “Permits/Licenses” from the drop-down box and enter your name and SSN or EIN. Once printed, the form is valid for thirty (30) days.
- A current, valid Certificate of Insurance for the Contractor – The Certificate of Insurance must indicate current coverage for comprehensive general liability, workers compensation and automobile liability. The comprehensive general liability (including products and completed operations) must evidence a minimum limit of liability of $500,000 per occurrence. The Certificate of Insurance must describe the type of operations/work the contractor has coverage for, which must be consistent with the Contractor’s permit application. The certificate must also include a contact name and phone number of the contractor’s insurance broker or agent. The City of Philadelphia must be named Certificate Holder and Additional Insured under the contractor’s comprehensive general liability insurance policy.
Note: It is not acceptable for the additional insured requirement to be conditional upon there being a written contract.
- Dry and Wet Chemical Extinguishing Systems Data Sheet
- Type and manufacturer of system listed
- Flow points for each hazard calculated
- Cylinder adequately sized for total flow points
- Licensed Fire Suppression Contractor information.