Welcome to the new Business Services website!

The Philly Beverage Tax Starts January 1st

Starting on January 1, 2017, the City will impose a 1.5-cents-per-ounce tax on the distribution of sweetened beverages as well as syrups and concentrates used to make sweetened beverages. Get complete details about the tax, including what is a sweetened beverage, at www.phillybevtax.com. What does the PBT mean for Dealers?...
Learn More

Cooking Extinguishing Systems

To obtain a Cooking Extinguishing System Permit, gather the materials listed below and submit a completed permit application in-person at the Municipal Services Building (MSB) Concourse at 1401 John F. Kennedy Blvd.

Food Establishment, Retail Permanent Location

This form is required to obtain a license to operate a retail food establishment with a permanent location, including candy stores and drug stores without soda fountains, grocery and meat markets, etc. This license excludes grocery stores making sandwiches and serving beverages. Square footage is based on total gross store area.