This form is required to obtain a license to operate a retail food establishment with a permanent location, including candy stores and drug stores without soda fountains, grocery and meat markets, etc. This license excludes grocery stores making sandwiches and serving beverages. Square footage is based on total gross store area.
- Health Department Approval and Eligibility Reports
- Commercial Activity License
- Liquor License (if liquor is sold)
- Large Food Establishment – over 5,000 square feet – $550
- Small Food Establishment – under 5,000 square feet – $220
Food License Application
A Guide to Starting Your Food-related Business
RETURNED CHECKS: If your check is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds, (1) you authorize The City of Philadelphia or its agent to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account to collect a fee of $20; and (2) The City of Philadelphia or its agent may re-present your check electronically to your depository institution for payment.