Welcome to the new Business Services website!

Sale of Fireworks Permit

Operation Permits are issued for the regulation of the use and transport of certain hazardous materials, equipment and activities.  The Department of License and Inspections works in conjunction with other City Agencies in the issuance of Operation Permits.

NOTE A Sale of Fireworks Permit is not required to sell sparkling devices, party poppers, or novelties.

The sale of Fireworks is not permitted in tents.

Prerequisite Approvals: Zoning/Use Registration Permit is required for Retail Sales.

General Liability Insurance: Proof of General Liability Insurance of Operator in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 is required. The City of Philadelphia must be named as additional insured without a written contract.

License Requirements: Retailer must possess a Philadelphia Commercial Activity License.

Processing Time: Walk-ins are processed on the same day; mail-ins are processed within 7 business days.

Permit Fee: $150

Payment Information

RETURNED CHECKS: If your check is returned unpaid for insufficient or uncollected funds, (1) you authorize The City of Philadelphia or its agent to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account to collect a fee of $20; and (2) The City of Philadelphia or its agent may re-present your check electronically to your depository institution for payment.