Welcome to the new Business Services website!

Have a Recycling Plan

All commercial properties receiving private or city waste collection must complete the Commercial Solid Waste and Recycling Plan.

Carnival License

Required of anyone holding or conducting any moving, temporary show where a charge is made for admission or participation, whether held in a building, tent, enclosure or lot, and where following forms of amusement or entertainment are conducted: riding devices, illusion shows, mechanical shows, active games of skill or games of a like character.

Bingo License

This license may be used by associations, for a charitable or civic purpose and which have been in existence for two years prior to application, to conduct Bingo games.

Amusement Devices License

As part of the City of Philadelphia’s license consolidation initiative, this license is no longer required.

Handbill Distribution License

This license is required for any distributor, distribution business, or person, who distributes commercial handbills on sidewalks, in public places, or door-to-door.

Dumpster License

Dumpsters in the public right of way require an annual, renewable license from the Department of Licenses and Inspections.

Food Preparing and Serving License

This license is required of anyone operating a food establishment where food is prepared or served for public consumption. This includes restaurants, delis, caterers, bars, grocery stores making sandwiches and serving beverages, Child care facilities, etc.

Obtain a Commercial Activity License

An Activity License is required for all businesses and non-profits operating in Philadelphia. This includes businesses that are located outside the city limits but do some or all of their business activity in the City.